Fruška Gora Marathon is one of the oldest marathons of this type in Europe, which has been continuously maintained for more than four decades without interruption. This year, 41st marathon release, will be held on 28th and 29th april.
For this year's edition, there are 19 tracks of different lengths and different height differences. All of them are traced in the hilly, forest belt of Fruška Gora (97% forest / 3% urban environment), which is only 10 km from Novi Sad. Along the path, you will have the opportunity to see and go through numerous medieval Serbian monasteries: Grgeteg (XV century), Staro Hopovo (XVI century), Novo Hopovo (XIV century), Jazak (XVI century), Besenovo (VIII century). You will see the concrete structure of a television relay destroyed in the NATO bombing in 1999 (the so-called TV tower), Ethno settlement "Vrdnik Tower", overtake numerous streams, climb to the highest peak of Fruška gora (539 m) and descend down the waterfall of the Dumbovo stream.
The course trails are certified by the International Trail Running Association (ITRA) and qualify for the Mont Blanc Race (Ultra Trail Mont-Blanc):
1. Ultra Extreme Marathon - 6 UTMB (133.7km,: D +/- 5.700m) Limit: 35 hours
2. Ultra Marathon - 5 UTMB (105.9km; D +/- 3.510m) Limit: 35 hours
3. Great Eastern Marathon - 4 UTMB (80km; D +/- 2.660m) Limit: 27 hours
4. Middle Eastern Marathon - 3 UTMB (59.3km; D +/- 2.150m) Limit: 17 hours
5. Small Eastern Extreme Marathon - 2 UTMB (41.9km; D +/- 1.860m) Limit: 12 hours
The remaining 14 trails are of a recreational character and aim to promote a healthy lifestyle and conservation of nature, as well as cultural and historical heritage.
More info: http://www.fruskogorski-maraton.com